P.E. at Highfield Junior School
At Highfield Junior School we believe:
· Physical activity offers opportunities to develop physically, socially and intellectually. It takes place within lesson times as well as other times such as through forest school and sports clubs.
· P.E. Promotes positive attitudes towards active and healthy lifestyles and helps children understand the importance of exercising for a lifetime
At Highfield we recognise the importance of physical education for children. Children currently have two P.E. lessons each week consisting of 1 hour of indoor P.E. and 1 hour of outdoor P.E.
In P.E. lessons children focus on several different elements of P.E. including dance, gymnastics, and a range of other activities. Children develop their skills and techniques and are given opportunities to apply them into game situations and practical performances.
Competition is also now a big focus area for at Highfield. We encourage children to take part in a wide range of extra-curricular sports and give children opportunities to compete both internally and externally.
Our Clubs include:
· Cross Country Club
· Athletics Club
· Korfball Club (External Provider)
· Football Clubs (Including Girls football)
· Cricket Club (External Provider)
· Netball Clubs
· Tag Rugby Club (External Provider)
· Gymnastics Club (External Provider)
· Dance Class (External Provider)
· Tennis Club - After school at South Hill Woods (External Provider)
· Hockey Club - After school at Hayes Secondary School (External Provider)
· Jujitsu Club - Saturday mornings at HIS (External Provider)
We are always looking to extend our extra-curricular provision, so please contact the school office if you have any suggestions or contacts that may help in this regard.
>> see our recent newsletters for an update on recent sports events and achievements at Highfield Junior School