At Film Club we eat freshly made popcorn each week. If you want to make the best sweet & salty popcorn for your own Friday night home cinema here’s how you do it.
- Heat a pan (it has to have a lid and a fairly thick bottom).
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
- Once hot, pour in half a cup of corn kernels, stir briefly to coat the kernels in oil and then close the lid firmly.
- Keep the heat on high until you can hear the corn popping madly against the lid. At this point, turn the heat down a bit and put the lid slightly ajar to let out steam to prevent soggy popcorn.
- Once the corn has stopped popping you can pour your popcorn in a bowl and make another batch.
- You can also put the popcorn in a clean plastic bag and sprinkle salt or sugar over the top. Then close the bag and give it a good shake.
- Et voila! Your own Film Club Popcorn!
Remember to ask an adult to support you with this as the pan gets very hot and the steam can also cause burns.