Across the Highfield schools we have been addressing travel-related issues affecting our school community through the TfL STARS programme.
STARS is an accreditation scheme for schools, nurseries and colleges to inspire young Londoners to travel sustainably, actively, responsibly and safely.
Participation in STARS can benefit the whole school community in the following ways:
· Children are healthier; pupils are more energetic and better prepared to participate throughout the school day
· Improved attendance and academic success
· Fewer cars, less congestion and improved air quality around the school
· Equipping young people with valuable life skills to travel actively, responsibly and safely
· Recognition within the school, the local community and across London for travel-related achievements.
“Silver accreditation has been awarded to the Highfield schools. This is a very prestigious award and highlights their fantastic work in the field.” London Borough of Bromley Environment and Community Services Team
We are delighted to have received the silver award. Our thanks go to Mrs Hayward and Miss Holloway who have driven this achievement.